As part of the mission here at EndangeredEmoji.com, we hope to help people get to know each other better. To stick with that goal, here is a list of the best questions to ask a girl that will help you learn about the girls in your life.
The intent behind these questions is for you to use them to springboard your conversation into more profound subjects. Some of them may only require simple answers, but others have a plethora of follow-up questions that I hope your discussions will lead to. These questions will be helpful for your conversation with any girl. Whether you are interested in a girl romantically or want some ideas on how to get to know your daughter, sister, or best friend better, these questions will give you a great springboard into interesting and meaningful conversations.
Best Questions to Ask a Girl
The first 50 questions include commentary to help spark the conversation and give you some ideas on where to go with your answers and conversation. Once you get the sharing going and your mind-juices flowing with the first 50 questions, you can go to the 150 extra questions without commentary or simply click here to skip to that set of questions right away. Good luck!
1. What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?
Every girl has a Pinterest board for this specific purpose.
2. What’s your favorite day of the year?
Holidays and birthdays included.
3. What’s the closest to breaking the law you’ve ever been?
There must be a good story behind this one.
4. What would your spirit animal be?
Would you be more of an armadillo or a chimpanzee?
5. What are you good at, but also kind of embarrassed that you’re good at it?
Some hidden talents are more laughable than others.
6. What trend from the past do you think should come back?
Legwarmers were pretty practical, though.
7. What was the last movie you watched?
If you’ve both seen it, you’ll have something cool to talk about. If you haven’t, you’ll have something to watch on the next date.
8. What’s your favorite cartoon character?
Full-grown adults have preferences, too. Don’t judge.
9. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
Something that you might not hate waking up to every morning, even twenty years down the road
10. What’s something you thought you’d grow out of but haven’t?
We all keep some of the cutest things from our childhood.
11. Mentally, what age would you say you are?
We grow old on the outside, but really, we are all still kids.
12. How different was your life one year ago?
This is a deep question that requires some introspection.
13. What’s something you’ve always wanted to try?
We all have our secret bucket lists. What’s hers?
14. What’s the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen/experienced?
I’m sure it has something to do with fluffy dogs and serenading elderly couples and the like.
15. What’s something you love that no one else has ever heard of?
We’ve all got a few underground interests.
16. What would be on the blooper reel of your life?
For most of us, there would be more blooper reel than anything else.
17. After waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 150 years, what would be your first question?
It’s fun to imagine what the world might look like in 150 years.
18. If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
It’s pretty difficult to nail down any one, singular, history-defining moment.
19. What do you want on your tombstone?
Kinda’ morbid, but also kinda’ cool to think about.
20. If you were president, what is the first thing you’d do?
Even if you’re not political, you’ve probably thought about this a million times.
21. If you could go back in time and delete the internet before it ever came to prominence, would you?
This question requires a certain level of introspection.
22. Have you ever thought about what kind of Superbowl ad you’d create if you could?
In other words, how funny can you be under pressure?
23. If you could make a 20-second phone call to yourself at any point in the past or future, when would you call yourself, and what would you say?
This is an intriguing concept and kind of scary to think about.
24. How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
We all have a secret strategy.
25. What are your opinions on artificial intelligence?
And the conspiracy theories abound!
26. What’s something you used to often do but don’t do anymore?
We all have old habits that we may or may not regret.
27. Where’s the last place you’d ever go?
Earth is a massive place with lots of places to avoid.
28. What’s something about your parents that you hope to emulate?
This is a good question to help you get to know her better.
29. What’s the most random fear you have?
Whether it’s spiders or thunderstorms, we’ve all got superstitions and wacky phobias.
30. What’s your favorite TV show?
If there’s anything we can all relate to each other through, it’s high-quality, binge-worthy soapy dramas.
31. What do you wish people would talk about less?
Is it politics? Global warming? The economy?
32. What’s the most significant lesson life has taught you?
This is a broad question, but one that bears discussion.
33. What art has been interesting or meaningful enough to make a lasting impact on you?
This is a unique way to get through the awkward small talk of a first date.
34. What aspects of your culture are you most and least proud of?
This is a pretty substantial question, so be prepared for some surprising answers.
35. What are the best and worst things about being a female in our society?
This is an important topic to discuss.
36. Has there ever been a stranger that has had a significant impact on your life?
We’ve all been impacted by strangers in some way, so this question is definitely something to consider.
37. What’s something you’ve accomplished that you’re proud of, but other people would think of as weird or silly?
Our hidden talents are sometimes the most embarrassing aspects of our personalities.
38. In your opinion, what time period do you think had the best fashion?
Would it be 18th century France? Maybe 17th century Italy?
39. What’s something trivial or small that you get super excited about?
Like puppies or kitten memes, maybe the icing swirling perfectly onto the cupcake.
40. What would the world be like if superheroes and supervillains actually existed?
If you can picture New York City up in flames and littered with alien corpses every other year, you’re probably pretty accurate.
41. What’s the most important change that should happen to your country’s education system?
This kind of question serves as an interesting and refreshing change of topic from the dull, everyday chatter.
42. What’s something you wish you would’ve started doing earlier?
This is the type of question that may make her think about all her regrets.
43. If you could put your brain in a robot and save your consciousness indefinitely, would you?
There are tons of follow-up questions that could stem from this one.
44. If you could replace the handshake as the universal greeting, what gesture or motion would you replace it with?
Would it be a high-five? Maybe some cool jazz hands or funky fist bumps?
45. Do you have any pastimes that make time seem to pass faster?
This is a great way to get new date ideas.
46. What always sounds like a good idea at the time, but rarely is?
College frat parties or drinks before noon, for example.
47. What is it about humans that fundamentally separates them from animals?
This is a pretty deep question if you think about it.
48. What historical fact are you surprised that more people don’t know about?
There’s a lot that people don’t know about history, even some of the most important parts.
49. What are you passionate about?
This is one of the basics, an old classic.
50. What’s something that you’ve never been very good at?
It’s important to share some vulnerability in a relationship.
- What’s the farthest from home you’ve ever been?
- What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
- What city would you most like to live in?
- What’s your favorite Disney movie?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
- If you could keep any exotic animal as a pet, what would it be?
- If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning a gold medal for?
- What’s the most useless talent you have?
- What are the three most interesting things about you?
- What’s your least favorite word?
- What countries have you traveled to?
- What’s something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
- What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with no preparation?
- What’s something you always have to remind yourself not to do?
- What problem/situation did TV/movies make you think happened often, but you realized when you grew up how unrealistic it was?
- Which fictional character do you think would be the most boring person in real life?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do?
- What reality show doesn’t exist, but really should?
- What’s the grossest food combination you can think of?
- What’s the best-worst pickup line you’ve ever heard?
- What’s your lucky number?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s something you’ve tried once and will never try again?
- What do you spend a lot of time thinking about?
- If you could put yourself in the most relaxing situation imaginable, what situation would you be in?
- What’s your favorite drink?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- What’s the most terrifying animal?
- If you could only have one type of cheese for the rest of your life, what kind of cheese would you choose?
- What do you not like but have no reason for not liking?
- What’s the weirdest conversation you’ve overheard?
- What color scheme would your dream house be decorated in?
- What food would be the best to make a house out of?
- What’s the ugliest outfit you’ve ever worn?
- What are some things that you’ve never bought and will never buy?
- What’s the weirdest gift you’ve ever received?
- What movie title would you give your life?
- Where would you spend all of your time if you could?
- If you were to become famous for anything, what would it be for?
- What’s your favorite app?
- What’s one question you can ask to find out the most about a person?
- What’s your favorite quote/saying?
- What do your friends and family know you for?
- What’s the last adventure you went on?
- What were some of the turning points in your life?
- What is an irrational fear that you have?
- What personality trait do you value most in a person?
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
- What is a skill you’d like to learn?
- What’s something pretty questionable that you think everyone should try?
- What are your top three favorite books, and why?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- What are your top five most prized possessions?
- What’s your favorite type of music?
- What popular TV show do you refuse to watch?
- What age do you wish you could permanently be?
- If you could only live either outdoors or indoors for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- Would you rather wear a corset all day or walk around in stilettos 24/7?
- What movie universe would you most like to live in?
- What do you think happens after you die?
- Do you try to stay in touch with people after they’ve moved, or are some relationships not worth the effort?
- How do you like to de-stress when you’re going through a rough time?
- What kind of mythical creature would you want to be?
- If you could make your life into a movie, who would you want to be cast as you?
- What are some of the best and worst things about growing older?
- What’s one super strong opinion you have that is most likely irrelevant?
- What’s something you wish you would’ve known ten years ago?
- What are the top three things you want to have accomplished by the time you die?
- What’s something that blows your mind every time you think about it?
- What do you want to be remembered for?
- Have you ever experienced something that defied explanation?
- What would you title the current chapter of your life?
- Why do you think we dream?
- Who has had the most significant impact on your life?
- In your opinion, what is the weirdest religion that exists?
- Do you think religion will always exist?
- What bridges do you not regret burning?
- What do you want people to see when they look at you?
- If you were put into solitary confinement for five months, what would you do to keep from going insane?
- If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
- What would you do if you knew you only had one hour left to live?
- What’s the best decision you ever made?
- If you could steal anything with no consequences, what would you take?
- Would you want to be friends with yourself?
- Do you believe love can last a lifetime?
- Do you think it’s better to know a lot about one thing or very little about a lot of things?
- Have you ever fallen asleep while talking to someone on the phone?
- Have you ever gotten into a physical fight with someone?
- Would you rather accidentally wax off your eyebrows or have all the hair of your arms plucked out one by one?
- Do you think it’s possible that alien life exists or has existed on earth?
- What’s one new thing you’ve learned this week?
- What’s the last book you read that you loved?
- What’s a New Year’s resolution you make every year but always fail to follow through with?
- Do you have any foods you despise?
- What’s one skill you wish you could be better at?
- Are there any futuristic movie plots that you think could be plausible?
- Would you consider yourself to be an overly-sensitive person?
- What are some things you get angry at?
- What would you most likely become famous for?
- What genre of book would you write?
- Do you think you’d be the type of person to win the lottery and go into debt afterward?
- Have you ever successfully changed someone’s opinion?
- What era would you choose to live in if you could?
- Would you rather have the power to teleport or fly?
- Have you ever done something you really regret?
- What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
- If you had the chance, what charitable organization would you start?
- Do you think there’s anything people assume about you just by looking at you?
- What’s one weird thing that you do?
- Have you ever farted in a really inappropriate situation?
- What’s the most annoying thing ever?
- What’s the weirdest tradition your family has?
- What are some of the best apps you have on your phone?
- What are some activities you enjoy doing on road trips?
- In your opinion, what are some of the red flags that a guy is creepy?
- What’s something that people generally like, but you think they’re just deluding themselves into liking because it’s popular?
- What’s your earliest memory?
- Who’s your favorite actor or actress, and why do you like them?
- What’s the most embarrassed you’ve ever been?
- What weird smell do you like?
- What’s the best gag gift you could give someone or receive yourself?
- What would you say this time period is the golden age of?
- What’s the cringiest phase you went through?
- What animal do you wish would never have gone extinct so you could keep one as a pet?
- What’s something you like to do that would traditionally be considered masculine?
- What’s a food that you loved eating as a child but now gag at the thought of eating?
- If you were a doll, what accessories would you be sold with?
- Would you rather go the day without shoes or without having showered?
- What’s the best practical joke you’ve ever seen pulled?
- What’s something from your childhood that you always get nostalgic about?
- If you inherited a private jet from a stranger, what would you do with it?
- What country can you name, but besides the name, you know pretty much nothing else about?
- What kinds of items are typical now, but you think will make for valuable antiques in a hundred years?
- What’s something horrible that we, as humans, have just accepted, but in reality, things don’t need to be that way?
- Looking back on your life, what’s something you’ve done that has given you the most satisfaction?
- Who’s your favorite singer?
- When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
- What would you do if one day you woke up as a different person?
- What would be the worst thing to put into a pinata?
- How do you go about meeting new people?
- If some colors represent certain types of feelings (i.e., blue=sadness, red=anger, etc.), what emotions do other colors (i.e., turquoise, navy blue, etc.) represent?
- In your opinion, what’s the most attractive foreign accent?
- What’s something that makes you feel old?
- What do you have high hopes for?
- What’s something you wish the human body could be capable of withstanding so that you could experience it and remember experiencing it?
- What job won’t be replaced by computers or machines anytime soon?
- What are talents you have that not many people know about?
- What was a childhood toy you used to play with a lot?
- If you got stuck in an elevator, what is the song you wish would be on repeat?
- Is there a story for how you got your name?