So, sometimes you know you love your better half, but you run out of things to talk about. If this is a problem for you, EndangeredEmoji.com is here to help! We have compiled a great list of 200 questions to help you better understand your partner.
If you find that any of these questions are too personal or deep for your relationship yet, move on to the next question. You have complete control over where you go with this. I encourage you to choose your subject from the list of topics listed below that will be the most comfortable jumping-off point. Also, don’t feel rushed to see how many questions you can get answered. Speed and number completed is not the purpose with this list, so take your time. You may even find that only one question is all it takes to get you into a fantastic and revealing conversation with your loved one.
Best Questions for Couples
Here are the topics we hope will help you get to know each other better now and for a long time to come:
1. What food reminds you of me?
2. Do you ever get jealous if you see me talking to other attractive people?
3. What’s your favorite thing I do for you?
4. What do you think is my favorite thing you do for me?
5. What movie reminds you of us?
6. What do you think we need to work on in our relationship?
7. Do you believe that I love you?
8. Do you have any deal-breakers or things that would make you seriously reconsider our relationship?
9. What was your first impression of me?
10. When do I make you feel most protected and safe?
11. What’s a question you’ve never asked me before?
12. What are your thoughts on long-distance relationships?
13. What do you think about couples who own businesses together/work together and basically spend all their time together?
14. What makes me different from other people you’ve been with?
15. What’s the best thing about our relationship?
16. Which of my friends do you think is the most fun?
17. What’s your favorite date night we’ve ever had?
18. Do you ever wish I could read your mind?
19. What are some things you think about every time you see me?
20. What about me tells you that I’m the one for you?
21. If you could ask me anything and have me answer truthfully, what would you ask?
22. Do you enjoy kissing or hugging me more?
23. What song would you choose to serenade me with?
24. Where would you take me on a honeymoon if we were to hypothetically get married?
25. What’s the most romantic date you can think of?
26. What makes you feel most alive?
27. What are some kind things we can do for each other?
28. What flavor of ice cream reminds you of me?
29. What three words sum up our relationship?
30. What MCU superhero do I remind you most of?
31. What kinds of adventures can you picture us going on together?
32. Would we have a dog or a cat together?
33. What are a few behaviors you won’t tolerate in a partner?
34. What do you think a healthy relationship should provide for the people in it?
35. Do you believe we met through fate or chance?
36. What would you consider to be a red flag in a relationship?
37. Out of the two of us, which is more likely to follow logic over emotion?
38. Would you date me if I was a criminal? If so, what’s the worst crime I could commit that you would still date me in spite of?
39. What about our relationship makes you really happy or excited?
40. What’s one similarity between us that drives you nuts sometimes?
41. What’s one thing you want to ask me but are scared to hear the answer to?
42. What is the most vulnerable point in our relationship?
43. Do you find my humor legitimately funny or just kind of dorky and endearing?
44. What about me made you fall in love?
45. What’s one secret you’ve never told anyone?
46. What’s your favorite way to receive affection?
47. What do you think our biggest strength is as a couple?
48. What’s one thing in your life you would never change for anyone else, including me?
49. What aspects of both of our personalities do you think work well together?
50. What does love mean to you?
1. What is your favorite color?
2. What’s your favorite binge-worthy TV show?
3. What’s your favorite book?
4. What’s your favorite musical artist?
5. Did you like high school or college better?
6. What’s the happiest you’ve ever felt?
7. Do you believe in God?
8. What is a favorite character trait you think you have?
9. What’s an accomplishment you are extremely proud of?
10. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
11. Which of your friends are you most similar to?
12. What would you do with a million dollars?
13. Who was your first kiss?
14. What’s your greatest talent?
15. What’s something unique about you?
16. Do you think of yourself as an introvert or an extrovert?
17. If you could travel through time to any age, what age would you go to?
18. If you could see into the future, what would you want to know?
19. Do you feel insecure about anything about yourself?
20. Are you an optimist, a pessimist, or a realist?
21. When you can’t get yourself to fall asleep at night, what are some things you ponder?
22. If you had one day left to live, what would you do?
23. What is the craziest dream you’ve ever had?
24. If you could trade lives with someone, who would it be?
25. What’s one thing no one knows about you?
26. Would you rather go for a hot air balloon ride or bungee jump?
27. What’s the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
28. What phone app do you use the most?
29. Would you rather give up music or TV for a month?
30. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
31. If you could meet any band, past or present, which would it be?
32. What’s a word or phrase people use that annoys the life out of you?
33. How do you feel about abbreviated words like “u” instead of “you” in texts and emails?
34. What song can you always dance to?
35. Do you sing in the shower?
36. Do you believe in astrology? What sign are you?
37. Do you feel uncomfortable in big crowds?
38. Do you hold grudges or forgive pretty quickly?
39. Do you ever feel awkward when people give you gifts?
40. What are three things on your bucket list?
41. What do you see yourself doing after retirement?
42. What’s your favorite book?
43. What’s your favorite sport to watch? To play?
44. Marvel or DC?
45. What’s a silly habit you have now that you don’t tell a lot of people about?
46. What is your most embarrassing memory?
47. Who is your favorite person in the world?
48. What’s the craziest thing you hope to do one day?
49. What’s your ideal vacation spot?
50. If you had three wishes, what would they be?
1. Who was your role model growing up?
2. Were you closer to your mother or your father?
3. When you were a kid, what did you think you were going to be when you grew up?
4. Which parent have you always trusted more?
5. What did you learn from your parents about marriage?
6. What’s something you were obsessed with as a kid?
7. What was your favorite class in high school?
8. Did you collect stuff as a child?
9. What was the scariest thing you experienced as a child?
10. Did you feel like you fit in during middle school?
11. What was the favorite part of your typical day as an elementary school kid?
12. Who was your first crush?
13. Did you go through puberty early, late, or right on time?
14. As a teenager, what’s the most rebellious thing you did?
15. Who is the closest person to you in your extended family?
16. Do you ever want more or fewer siblings?
17. Which of your siblings do you think you’re closest with?
18. Is there a show you watched as a kid that you would love to see make a comeback?
19. How do you handle it when your family doesn’t approve of a decision you’ve made?
20. Who’s someone you knew growing up that you now hope to emulate?
21. Which parent had more of an impact on your political beliefs?
22. Which family member did you admire most when you were young?
23. Do you have any distinct memories of childhood holidays or birthdays?
24. What was the best summer vacation you had as a kid?
25. When you were young, did you think you would be where you are today?
26. What member of your family do you feel most similar to?
27. What is your most treasured memory?
28. Did you have a childhood best friend?
29. Do you think you will eventually turn into your parents if you haven’t done so already?
30. What’s a dream that you’ve had for the longest period in your life?
31. What was your favorite childhood toy?
32. What’s your favorite school memory?
33. What’s your favorite family tradition?
34. Were you close to your grandparents?
35. Do you remember any stories your parents or grandparents told you as a kid?
36. Did you have a nickname growing up?
37. How did your parents choose your name?
38. Who was the oldest relative you remember meeting as a child?
39. What was something you were passionate about when you were a teenager?
40. Have you ever won a war?
41. Did you learn to play any instruments when you were younger?
42. What was a scary experience you had that stuck with you for a long time?
43. Did you have any childhood pets?
44. Did you ever design your dream house or dream room when you were a kid?
45. Did you have an arch-nemesis during elementary, middle, or high school?
46. What’s something you thought was hilarious as a kid but now realize how cringeworthy it is?
47. What’s one aspect of your life that you think might have been different if you had been raised differently?
48. What’s the most significant obstacle you had to overcome with your family?
49. What was your favorite lullaby or bedtime story?
50. When you were in elementary school, did you ever win an award?
1. Do you ever picture having kids?
2. Do you think our kids would look more like me or more like you?
3. How long do you think people should wait before having kids?
4. Would you be willing to stay home with the kids while I work?
5. Is there anything you wish you’d been taught growing up that you intend on drilling into your kids’ heads from day one?
6. When it comes to your future family, what kinds of discipline do you think should be enacted?
7. Are you more a believer in hands-on or hands-off parenting?
8. If our child has disabilities, how would we handle it?
9. If genetic engineering becomes more prevalent, would you ever consider it for your future kids?
10. Do you have any specific names in mind for your future kids?
11. How do you plan on splitting parenting duties?
12. How much religion will we involve in our kid’s life?
13. Where would you want to raise your kids?
14. How do you feel about kids sleeping in your bed when they have nightmares?
15. What is the brightest future you can picture having with yourself and your child(ren)?
16. What relationship with technology do you think (y)our kids should have?
17. What is your definition of co-parenting?
18. What kind of relationship do you plan on having with your kid(s)?
19. What about your lifestyle now do you think you wouldn’t be able to give up later with children?
20. How many kids do you want?
21. How much is too much when it comes to spoiling (y)our kid(s)?
22. How much of a role do you want grandparents to have in (y)our child’s life?
23. What difficulties did you face during your childhood that you may subconsciously be attempting to fix for your future child(ren)?
24. How did your parents divide responsibilities, sick days, dishes, etc.? How would we potentially change that for our parenthood partnership?
25. What if you have a kid that doesn’t live up to your expectations, even if you claim not to have any expectations?
26. How would we stay connected as individuals while raising another human being?
27. Are we going to set goals with our parenting? How much pressure will we put on ourselves to meet said goals?
28. As parents, will we be more the lawmakers, the educators, the nurturers, or good friends to our kids?
29. What are your greatest fears about becoming a parent? How do you think those will affect the way you parent?
30. What values do you want to instill in (y)our child(ren)?
31. In your mind, what is the difference between discipline, punishment, and redirection? Which do you plan to implement? When and how?
32. Would you spank your kid(s)?
33. What does respecting the father look like in your house? Respecting the mother?
34. How will we incorporate humor into our family dynamic?
35. How will we have fun with our kids?
36. How will we protect our children from bad influences? To what extent is it appropriate to shield them from the real world?
37. What are the pros and cons of allowing a baby to cry until it soothes itself?
38. What are some skills you want to teach (y)our child(ren) that may or may not help them in the future?
39. When does mom get a break, and what does that look like? What about dad?
40. How would you handle a situation where one or both of your parents or my parents disagreed with how you and I parent?
41. Are we going to be the kind of parents that put pressure on our kids when we think something’s important, even if it might not be important to them?
42. When is the timing going to be right?
43. Who in our life is capable of helping us out right now? They say raising a kid takes a village.
44. How will we prep ourselves financially for this responsibility?
45. Is there anything you want to do before we commit to this enormous responsibility?
46. What kinds of things do we want to do within our household to make it a safe and comfortable place for our children?
47. What medical concerns do you have when it comes to kids?
48. How will chores be distributed fairly?
49. How will we prioritize our mental health?
50. What effects do you think having a baby will have on our levels of communication?