These questions are an avenue through which I hope you can get to know any girl better. They are intended to help you delve into her deeper, inner self. Because the answers may dig into her secrets or issues, make sure you choose the questions you use from this list in a way that isn’t too personal for where you are in your relationship with her.
Taking the relationship to a deeper level is a tricky business and must be done incrementally. If you find that she becomes uncomfortable with a question you ask, move on to another to avoid making her put up walls. You should be able to tell if a question is too much for her or not. Just be aware of that as you go through this.
Best Personal Questions to Ask a Girl
Using follow-up questions will help you in your quest to get to know her better. These questions are intended to be a jumping-off point for you. Enjoy!
1. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Every little kid has their hopes and dreams. We all wanted to be something, and probably still do. The question is, how far from that are you?
2. Do you think you would be happier living in the city or the countryside?
That feeling of freedom comes in different forms, so this will vary depending on who you’re asking. Ultimately, though, a girl’s preference is just that: a preference.
3. Do you care more about making money or pursuing happiness?
Hopefully, humanity finds a healthy balance between these two endeavors. Until then, what is she doing to juggle both?
4. What was your favorite subject in school?
Getting to know her better now includes getting to know who she was back then. Was she a math whiz? A music genius? An English tycoon?
5. What’s your philosophy in life?
Everyone’s got one, and if they don’t, they should. Talking about philosophy with someone who has one just sort of makes more sense, you know?
6. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
We’re all different types of people and there ain’t nothing wrong with that–not to say that there are only two types of people in this world, but you get what I mean.
7. What do you think is an important quality to look for in a friend?
We’ve all gone through experiences that have changed us. Maybe we need someone we can trust. Maybe someone we can just laugh with. Maybe someone to fangirl over our favorite bands with.
8. What’s your favorite movie of all time?
Don’t get all cinematic on her… unless she’s into that sort of thing. In which case, get cinematic all the way.
9. Are you close to your family?
Be careful and considerate with this question. Some family questions can get pretty tricky when it comes to emotions, so always pay attention to her level of comfort at this point in the conversation.
10. What’s something you’ve been through in your life that has made you feel like a strong person?
Whether she scaled the mountains of Eurasia or wrote a full-scale novel in less than six months, every girl defines her own strength differently.
11. Are you superstitious?
If 96% of all matter and energy in space is undetectable to even the most advanced telescopes, who’s to say ghosts ain’t real?
12. If you could be incredibly skilled at one thing, what would it be?
There’s no wrong answer to this question. And chances are, she’s already incredibly skilled at the things she prioritizes most.
13. What is a weird habit you have?
We’ve all got ‘em. The scrunched up nosin’, nail bitin’, hair twirlin’, page foldin’ habits we all developed in high school that just refuse to go away.
14. Do you have any distinctly happy childhood memories?
Reminiscing together is one of the best ways to bond. The only awkward answer to this question would be no. (We can’t help you there.)
15. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
There’s no shame in collecting some good advice. Plus, if more people asked each other this question, maybe we’d have a wiser world.
16. What are your secret skills?
Can she dance the mambo? Maybe scramble eggs with her eyes closed? Or name every constellation in the night sky from memory?
17. What gets you motivated?
For some people, it’s the Rocky training montage–full sweatsuit. For others, it’s Shia LeBeouf screaming, “Just do it!” at the top of his lungs. Every girl has a different taste.
18. Are you scared or excited about the prospect of getting older?
This is kind of a bombshell question. You know, the type that ironically ages you due to the sheer amount of stress induced within the individual asked, as well as the asker. Just refrain from getting all existential with it.
19. If you were to be placed into a stereotype, what would it be?
Okay, so this question might be hard to answer because 80s/90s movie trope cringe–”As if!”. But try to ignore that for one second and ask if she would she be the band geek? The athletic archetype? The rich princess? It’s kinda fun to think about.
20. What book has had a huge impact on your life?
You can find out a lot about a person by the way they answer this question. They say books are uniquely portable magic, so what’s not to love?
21. If you could send a message to the whole world and they would listen, what would it be?
This would take a bit of thought, but the answers sure would be interesting.