When you want to argue, are bored, or actually want to learn about someone’s deep-seated beliefs, this list of questions can fulfill all your needs. There is no order to the questions. You can just scroll through the list and find random ones that you think will be interesting to ask.
When learning about a person with questions like these, it is always a good idea to follow-up by asking him/her for a reason behind the answer. Hypothetical questions can stay light or could get deep and very telling about others or even yourself. This is a good list of questions to become involved in. Don’t just sit back & ask all the questions. Put your thinking cap on and enjoy uncovering priorities and stories from the lives of people around you whom you want to learn about.
Best Hypothetical Questions
1. You’re walking in a forest, and you find a black briefcase. Inside, there is a million dollars and a single piece of bloodstained paper that reads, “Don’t.” Would you take the suitcase or leave it?
2. You’re a country at war. While deciphering intercepted code, you learn that a single spot in your enemy’s defense will be at its weakest in ten days and that they plan to attack one of your major cities in five days. What do you do with this information?
3. If you were a robot but had been programmed to believe you were human, would you want to know you were a robot?
4. If you could learn any one skill in the world without putting forth any effort, what skill would you master?
5. You find a book that tells the story of your life from start to finish, but only read up until the point you are at now. Knowing that you won’t be able to change the events to come, do you turn the page?
6. If you got to choose between fifty years of perfect happiness or unhappy immortality, what would you choose?
7. If Jurassic Park were real, would you visit?
8. If you were offered a pill that made you 40% more intelligent but also removed all the hair from your body, would you take it?
9. If you could change one thing about the way the human body has evolved, what would it be?
10. What historical figure would be the worst to be haunted by?
11. If you were a superhero, which of your friends would you pick as a sidekick, and what would your powers be?
12. If you could only listen to one band for the rest of your life, what would it be?
13. Would you accept a job locked in a pitch-black room alone doing nothing for 8 hours a day if it paid $30K/week?
14. If you could ask your future self from the year 2050 one question, what would it be?
15. You’re fighting a huge battle, and you can choose between having a T-Rex on your side or a military-grade tank. Which do you choose?
16. If you ran google, what would you do differently?
17.If you had to give up TV or the internet, which would you choose?
18. If you lived in a world where everyone was forced to take one of these two career paths, would you rather be a deep-sea diver or an astronaut?
19. If you could breed a hybrid animal of any two species, which two would you choose?
20. What amount of money would it take per month for you to give up your phone forever?
21. If you had to choose between a life of constant moving (like every three months) or staying stuck in your home state for the whole of your life, which would you choose?
22. If you lost all five of your senses, would you still be alive?
23. If you owned a bar, what would it look like and be called?
24. If you were invited to a historical figure dress-up party, who would you go as?
25. If the job ‘President of the Earth’ existed, who would you want to be doing it?
26. If you had to describe your life in ten words or less, what would you say?
27. Someone is holding a gun to your head and telling you that if you don’t impress them with your dance moves, they’ll shoot. What moves do you whip out to save your life?
28. If you could go back to the beginning of 2020, knowing full-well what will happen this year, how would you go about warning people, alerting world leaders, and giving the world a heads-up?
29. If you could have complete knowledge of any five things, what would you want to know?
30. If you were invisible for twelve hours, what would you do?
31. Which ninja turtle would beat all the others in a fight?
32. If you’re given a choice between roaming the earth as a ghost or passing on to what is next after you die, what would you choose?
33. Do you think the world would be a better place if the internet were never invented?
34. Would you rather know all the languages in the world or know how to play every instrument?
35. If a person could travel to the center of the earth, what would he weigh?
36. If animals had evolved at the same rate as humans in terms of intelligence, what do you think would be the dominant species on earth?
37. How would the world be different if humans grew up to 12 feet tall?
38. If average life expectancy was 400 years, how would you change the way you live?
39. If the government gave you the responsibility of combatting online piracy, what would you do?
40. If you were a scientist, would you rather discover something huge but die before telling anyone or never discover anything at all?
41. What do you think the world would be like if all land was connected like it was millions of years ago?
42. How would you change your life if humans could respawn like they do in video games?
43. If you had to be renamed after one of the planets in the solar system, which would you pick?
44. Do you think the world would be a better place if someone like Iron Man actually existed?
45. If you were to have either a teleporter or a time travel machine, which would you want?
46. If a rhinoceros and a hippopotamus were to get in a fight, which would win?
47. If all swear words became socially acceptable, what existing words would you use to replace them?
48. Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
49. What would a fly without wings be called?
50. Why are there no ‘B’ batteries?
51. If God sneezed, what would you say?
52. If a bunch of cats jump on top of each other, is it still called a dog pile?
53. Would you live your life differently if you knew no one would judge you for the things that you did?
54. How do you think the world would be different if advertising didn’t exist?
55. If animals could talk, how do you think the world would be different? Would you still eat meat?
56. Your building is on fire. Do you save four strangers or one of your siblings?
57. If someone offered to tell you where you’d be in 20 years, but you were powerless to change what they tell you, would you want to hear it?
58. If it had to be one of the four seasons for the rest of time, which season would you want it to be?
59. Say you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant. What do you do?
60. Would you be willing to have your left pinkie surgically removed if it guaranteed you immunity from all diseases?
61. Would you rather be bald or have an insane mullet for the rest of your life?
62. You could cure all the diseases in the world forever, but to do so, you have to murder one innocent child. Do you do it?
63. Would a turtle with no shell be homeless or naked?
64. What would you buy if you were given a random $1,000 from a stranger?
65. You are offered five years of free unlimited services for one of the following: masseuse, chauffeur, or personal chef. Which do you choose?
66. You have the power to gain twenty more years of life at the cost of someone else’s life. Do you use it?
67. You’re informed that you’re going to be blind in 2 months. What do you go to see?
68. How do you think you’d look as a member of the opposite sex?
69. If you were asked to write a novel, what would you write it about?
70. If your fiance suddenly had an accident that left them paraplegic, would you still marry them?
71. How do you think the world would be different if the South won the Civil War?
72. How do you think the world would be different if electricity were never invented?
73. How would the world be different if computers took over the world?
74. What if we found live dinosaurs living on a remote island?
75. What would you do if you discovered magic was real?
76. If you could have a free chip put in your child’s brain to provide all basic knowledge (math, english, etc.), would you?
77. If you could create or abolish any laws, what would they be?
78. How would you survive if a zombie apocalypse happened?
79. If you could go anywhere at any time, where would you go and what date would it be?
80. What would your perfect planet have on it?
81. If you could run any company, what would it be?
82. If you could live in a cartoon for a few days, which one would it be?
83. If you could choose an aroma that always surrounded you, as your BO, what would it be?
84. How would you govern if you could be the leader of a country?
85. What animal would you love to add wings to?
86. Ten random items will appear in your backyard each day. All start with one letter. Which letter do you choose?
87. If you could get tickets to any event for free, what would it be?
88. What would your dream lifestyle look like?
89. Where would you like to live if you could choose?
90. What advice would you like your parents to have known about before having you?
91. How would it change the world if everyone were honest?
92. If you got a tattoo, what would it be of?
93. If you could eliminate one bug or animal from the planet, what would it be, and why?
94. What if you could remember everything that happened from the time you were born?
95. What ten things would you take with you if you had to spend a month on a deserted island?
96. If you had the know-how to write a book that would completely expose the government, but it would put all your family at risk, would you do it?
97. If you were invited to take tea with the Queen of England, would you drop everything and travel across the world to do it?
98. If you were offered the opportunity to visit outer space, would you take it?
99. What would you do if you woke up one morning in another country all alone and could not speak or understand that country’s language?
100. If you were the only person on earth, what would you spend your time doing?
101. If the Harry Potter franchise were written as a series of groundbreaking Broadway musicals instead of books, how do you think the world would be different?
102. If your life was a television show, would it be a nitty-gritty crime show, a soapy romance drama, or a steamy murder-mystery?
103. If you could have been born in another country and raised in that culture, what country would it be?
104. If you could be famous for one thing, what would it be?
105. If you had to wear only one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
106. If you never had to work again, what would you do?
107. If you lost everything tomorrow, who would you run to for comfort?
108. If you could send a message to the whole world, what would you say?
109. If you could start your life over, what would you do differently?
110. If you had to teach a class on something, what would it be?
111. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
112. What would you do if bank robbers busted into your bank and held you at gunpoint?
113. If you had the power to transform into any animal, what would you want to change into?
114. If you saw someone walk out of a bathroom stall with toilet paper stuck to their shoe, would you tell them?
115. If aliens landed in your backyard and gave you the option of traveling with them through outer space, would you go?
116. If you discovered you could heal diseases, what would you do with that power?
117. If you could only live in places where it is always either 100 degrees plus or 10 degrees minus, which would you choose?
118. If you had to give up a body part, which would you give up?
119. If the world were ending, would you rather die by tsunami or volcano?
120. If you were going for a walk one day and discovered a tree that grows money, what would you do?
121. If a stubborn ghost started haunting you, how would your daily routine change?
122. If you could change one thing about the person you love, what would it be?
123. If you had the choice between being able to read minds or having no powers, would you want to hear what everyone was thinking all of the time?
124. If humans had gills and could choose to live underwater or on land, where would you choose to live?
125. If you lost all of your teeth overnight, what would you do?
126. If you had the power to fly, what would you use it for?
127. If dogs meowed and cats barked, would you be more of a dog or a cat person?
128. If you were a tree, what would you say to people that lean on you, walk past you, climb you, etc.?
129. If humans had tails, what would they look like?
130. If you could switch lives with a celebrity for a day, what celebrity would it be?
131. If human skin was a shade of neon, what neon color would you want it to be?
132. Do you think it’s easier to be male or female?
133. Would you rather be blind or deaf?
134. Would you rather forget who your friends are or who your family is?
135. What would you do if you found out you only have one more day left to live?
136. Would you rather get dumber or ruder?
137. If a genie gave you five wishes, what would you wish for?
138. You invent a food product where you mix equal amounts of sugar and stevia. What do you call it?
139. If your best friend murdered someone for a good reason, but you couldn’t go to the police, how would you dispose of the body?
140. What age would you choose if you got to live that age for one month?
141. Would you rather it be daytime for a full week or nighttime for an entire week?
142. If you were a superhero, which of your friends would you choose as a sidekick?
143. What historical person would be the scariest ghost?
144. Would you rather travel 150 years into the future or the past?
145. If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
146. Would you rather end world hunger or have world peace?
147. If you woke up one morning covered in insects, would you rather they were spiders or wasps?
148. If you could neglect one personal hygiene routine with no adverse effect to your image or health, what would it be?
149. What do you do when you use a public toilet only to find out post-go that there is no toilet paper?
150. If you saw someone’s zipper was down, would you tell them?
151. If you saw an armless man with his zipper down, would you zip it up for him?
152. If your best friend accidentally swallowed a diamond, what are the chances of you helping them sift through their poop to find it?
153. What would you do if you had super strength for a day?
154. What would you do if you only had 100 blinks left until losing your vision?
155. Would you rather live out the rest of your life in a coma or die in a week?
156. If you were the survivor of a plane crash, had been wandering aimlessly for days, and had had no food for weeks, how long would it take you to consider eating one of your body parts to survive?
157. If you could be the best at one thing for a day, what would you want to be the best at?
158. If you had the chance to travel back in time and assassinate baby Hitler, would you be able to do it?
159. If you had a third nipple, where would you want it to be?
160. How much of a licking could the Energizer Bunny take before it stops kicking?
161. If one piece of theoretical or sci-fi technology of your choosing could be real, what would you choose?
162. Who would win in a fight between a giant great white shark and a grizzly bear?
163. How would human life be different if alligators could fly?
164. If you did not exist, what would you be doing now?
165. Would you rather have to say everything that comes to your mind or never be able to speak again?
166. If you had to wear a superhero costume every day for the rest of your life, what superhero would you pick?
167. Would you rather lose both your arms or both your legs?
168. Would you rather no one take you seriously 24/7, or everyone takes you seriously 24/7 (meaning you can’t ever tell a joke)?
169. If you had the chance to only eat pizza for the rest of your life and never gain weight or lose health, would you take it?
170. What would the world be like if forks didn’t exist?
171. If humans had wings and could fly, how different do you think the world would be?
172. If you woke up one morning to find that you’d switched bodies with your best friend, what would you do?
173. If you found a way to get really rich really fast, but it was illegal, what would you do?
174. If you had to live the same day over and over again, what would your day look like?
175. If you died today, would you have any regrets?