Girls just wanna have fun, or so the saying goes. So, if you want to get to know a girl better, we suggest asking her these fun questions. Keeping the mood light with a girl can help her feel comfortable opening up about herself with you.
Nothing in this list will be too serious, but these questions may become the gateway to some more serious conversations as you progress through this list. Use follow-up questions to get from these light questions to the stories behind the girl’s answers, and you are sure to keep a good conversation going.
Best Fun Questions to Ask a Girl
Fun, light, and laughter are the goal of these questions. We could all use more of that in the world the way it is today. So, enjoy some smiles, laugh a little, and become closer to the girl you are interested in with this list of fun questions.
1. What skill would you most like to master?
Every girl has a secret passion that she would actually love to pursue.
2. What pets did you have while you were growing up?
The animals we were surrounded with as kids are some of the brightest memories we hold for the rest of our lives.
3. What’s your favorite day of the year?
One woman’s birthday party is another woman’s yearly sob-fest.
4. Where is the most interesting place you’ve ever been
This will definitely bring a smile to her face.
5. What is the silliest thing you’ve seen your parents do?
Just because they are older doesn’t mean they have to be serious all the time.
6. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
Random acts of kindness are the best kinds.
7. What were some of your favorite shows when you were a kid?
Everyone has those shows that they loved when they were little. Maybe you have some in common with her.
8. What part of your heritage or culture are you most proud of?
Learning about our family history and traditions is fulfilling, and traditions give us a sense of unity.
9. What city would you most like to live in?
Is she more of a New York City gal? Or maybe the LA sun is more her style.
10. What’s the best thing about being a girl?
Being a girl does have its advantages. What does she think they are?
11. What’s the best practical joke you’ve played on someone?
Girls are the best pranksters of them all.
12. Have you accomplished something that you are proud of that others may think is weird or silly?
Did she win a burping contest or finish the whole Goosebumps series? Something like that would be fun to talk about.
13. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
Is she more of the classic cartoon type or a modern animated princess kinda gal?
14. What time period had the best fashion?
She is sure to have an opinion about this. Maybe she loved Marie Antoinette’s dresses, or maybe she thinks bell bottoms are the grooviest.
15. Is there anything you are afraid of that you’re embarrassed to admit?
Is she still afraid of that monster under the bed? Maybe hairless cats are in her worst nightmares.
16. If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would it be?
Tigers and monkeys are nice and cute until they aren’t, so think carefully about this one.
17. If superheroes actually existed, which ones do you think would be the best to have around?
It’s always fun to think about the best ones and how they could improve things in today’s society.
18. Who was your favorite grade school teacher? Why?
Some of the most influential people in our lives were those sweet and loving teachers we had in our early years.
19. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning a gold medal for?
Olympic sleeping sounds pretty good to me.
20. Did you ever have a secret handshake or gesture with anyone when you were a kid?
Silly little dances or inside jokes with her bestie will be a fun thing for her to remember.
21. What’s the most useless talent you have?
We’ve all got a few stupid hidden skills up our sleeves.
22. If you could choose a message that is sent out to space for aliens to hear, what would it be?
This may take some thinking. What does she want to tell other planets about the earth?
23. Who do you look up to in your life and why?
This is a fun way to find out what she values in other people.
24. What’s the most illegal thing you’ve done?
It’s all fun and games until someone gets arrested.
25. What are the strangest traditions your family has?
Hopefully, she isn’t too embarrassed to share this with you. Also, it doesn’t have to be tied to a holiday or anything, either.
26. What is your spirit animal?
Whether you believe in all that earth-soul connection stuff or not, this is a fun concept to think about.
27. What is the best place you have ever visited, and why?
Is it a monument, a national park, or a tiny museum about an author she loves? Big or small, we all have our favorites.
28. What’s your star sign?
Astrology may or may not be legit, but those personality quizzes sure are fun, regardless.
29. What are you really good at, but kind of embarrassed that you’re good at it?
We’ve all got weirdly cool talents that we’d rather not flaunt.
30. What are your favorite jokes?
Answering this question could take a while, and be sure to share your own faves.
31. What is the earliest memory you have in your life?
Did it involve a dark tunnel and a light at the end of it?
32. What word or saying from the past do you think should come back?
Some things should never change.
33. What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done in front of your crush?
This question may detract from the fun nature of this list, but hopefully, she’s ready to laugh about things like this now.
34. What celebrity would be the worst to be stuck in an elevator with?
They say celebrities are some of the most annoying people to walk this earth, so choose carefully.
35. Who is your favorite actress or actor? Why?
This should get a fun conversation going about their list of big hits and/or cult favorites.
36. What’s the funniest or most clever gift you’ve ever seen given?
If they’ve ever been part of a white elephant gift exchange, they should have some great examples of silly gifts.
37. What do you like to do that is traditionally considered masculine?
Does she enjoy the Huck Finn type pastime of carrying frogs in her pockets, or is she a great football player?
38. Is there a food that you hated as a kid, but now love?
Taste buds are always changing, so giving foods a second or third chance is always a good idea.
39. What’s the best practical joke you know of?
There have been tv shows about great practical jokes, and maybe she has some classic experiences of pulling some off with her friends.
40. What’s your favorite car?
Is she into sports cars, racing cars, luxury cars, off-road vehicles, or is she thinking that smaller ones are super cute?
41. If you were given $5000 to play with, what would you do with it?
This question will help you to find out what she thinks are the most fun things to do.
42. What culture, from any time period, would you want to live amongst?
Cultures around the world have come and gone. Some are more intriguing than others, and some would be more fun than others to live in.
43. What is the most fulfilling thing you have done in your life so far?
This should get her thinking. Reminiscing about good things she’s done in her life will lift her mood.
44. If you had to create a new dance move, what would it be?
Yes, she has to show you what it looks like.
45. Have you ever laughed so hard you cried?
Did the laughter happen because something was actually funny, or was she just really tired or stressed and needed a good outlet?
46. If you could solve one of the world’s problems, what would it be, and how would you do it?
This may get a bit philosophical and tell you about her priorities.
47. What is the most fun job you can think of?
Circus clown comes to mind, or maybe being a professional athlete would be her choice.
48. Are you good at imitating any accents?
Playing with our voices is always fun. Would she be an excellent Russian or Southern Belle?
49. What’s your most favorite dream?
Was it silly, hopeful, or totally strange?
50. What do you love about yourself?
She may take some time to think about her answer to this one, but it is important that everyone find things about themselves to love.
150 more fun questions to ask a girl
1. What is your favorite holiday memory?
2. What’s the silliest song you’ve ever heard?
3. What is one thing about you that would surprise people?
4. What is one thing you were afraid of as a kid that now makes you laugh?
5. Which movie have you seen the most times? How many times did you watch it?
6. Would you like to learn a new skill/talent? What would it be?
7. What would be your favorite thing to do if you were wealthy?
8. What is your favorite book?
9. What cartoon did you watch most as a child?
10. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
11. What do you like to tell people to cheer them up when they are feeling down?
12. What’s something you thought you’d grow out of but haven’t?
13. Has there been a time when your mind was completely changed about something?
14. If you were the only human left on earth, what would you do?
15. Which celebrities haven’t aged well?
16. What’s something you think everyone should try at least once in their life?
17. What do you predict will be the next oldie trend to return?
18. What is the strangest thing about you?
19. Have you ever won anything?
20. What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?
21. Have you ever traveled to any different countries?
22. If you were the ruler of a small nation, what would you do?
23. What could you give a 30-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
24. What is one thing that you get excited about?
25. When have you been lucky?
26. What is the smartest decision you’ve ever made?
27. What would be on the gag reel of your life?
28. If you were president, what is the first thing you would do?
29. Who are you embarrassed to be related to?
30. What determines if a person is “good?”
31. If you could bankrupt one person or company, who would it be?
32. What is the dumbest thing you’ve ever done?
33. What was your first job?
34. If you were given a one-minute ad slot during the super bowl, what would you fill it with?
35. What was your favorite job?
36. Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
37. How do you think you will be when you are old?
38. If you could have lunch with any historical figure, who would it be?
39. What reality show doesn’t exist, but really should?
40. What’s your favorite food?
41. What’s the worst food combination you can imagine?
42. What’s the best/worst pickup line you’ve heard?
43. What is something you tried to do and miserably failed at?
44. What is the weirdest food you actually like?
45. Is cooking with a guy or dancing with a guy more romantic?
46. What is the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
47. What’s something you spend a lot of time thinking about?
48. If you were forced to listen to only one song for three hours, what would it be?
49. What is the most refreshing thing on a hot summer’s day?
50. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
51. What’s the worst date you have ever been on?
52. What’s your favorite school subject?
53. If time froze for everyone but you, what would you do?
54. What decade do you think you would love to live in?
55. What is the most terrifying animal of all time?
56. If you could only have one type of cheese for the rest of your life, what would it be?
57. Whos is the hottest celebrity?
58. What do you dislike but have no good reason for disliking?
59. What food would be the best to make a house out of?
60. What would be the title of a movie about your life?
61. Where would you spend all your time if you could?
62. If someone had something stuck in their hair, teeth, or on their face, would you tell them?
63. What was your favorite cereal when you were a kid?
64. What’s your favorite saying?
65. What’s the best date you’ve ever been on?
66. What’s the last adventure you went on?
67. What has been the best advice anyone has ever given you?
68. If you were the last person on earth, what would you do?
69. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
70. What does your perfect day look like?
71. What is the closest relationship you’ve ever been in?
72. What is a skill you’d like to learn?
73. What’s the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
74. What’s your favorite type of music?
75. Have you ever been on a blind date?
76. What do you appreciate the most about your parents?
77. What are healthy habits you do for yourself?
78. Where do you want to live when you retire?
79. Are there any cartoons you still watch?
80. If you could reincarnate, what would you come back as?
81. If you had $50,000 to spend at one store, which store would it be?
82. Do you think you’d ever like to be on a reality tv show?
83. What’s the best costume you’ve ever worn?
84. Have you ever done anything spontaneous in your life?
85. Has anyone ever used a tacky pickup line on you? Did it work?
86. Do you have any favorite songs that you think you are good at singing?
87. What are your most and least favorite names?
88. As a child, did you have an imaginary friend?
89. Have you ever called in sick to work when you weren’t actually sick?
90. Do you think any cartoon characters are hot?
91. Do you have any pet peeves?
92. Are there any kids’ movies that freak you out?
93. Have you ever run away from home?
94. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be?
95. What place have you never been to, but would love to go visit?
96. What is the best gift you have ever received?
97. Do you have nicknames?
98. What are a couple of things on your bucket list?
99. Do you consider yourself adventurous?
100. What was your first kiss like?
101. What is the funniest story you know?
102. What popular TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
103. What age do you wish you could permanently be?
104. What video game/cinematic universe would you most like to live in?
105. If you could only live either outdoors or indoors for the rest of your life, which would it be?
106. What would your last meal be?
107. Do you believe in ghosts?
108. What blows your mind every time you think about it?
109. What’s something you would join a cult for?
110. Why do you think we dream?
111. What futuristic movie do you think could actually happen?
112. If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
113. If you could steal one thing without consequence, what would it be?
114. What’s the most vivid dream you’ve ever had?
115. Have you ever gotten into a physical fight with someone?
116. Have you ever performed the Heimlich maneuver on someone?
117. Would you rather get a rash from a poor leg wax job or have an entire eyebrow accidentally waxed off?
118. Do you put anything on your food that other people would think is weird?
119. Is there something you have tried and will never do again?
120. Do you have a favorite fun activity you like to do with a guy? What is it?
121. Me, a labradoodle, and a bunny: hug one, cuddle one, kiss one?
122. If I offered to do something really funny, what would you ask me to do?
123. If you were invisible for the weekend, where would you go and what would you do?
124. What is the funniest thing someone has walked in on you doing?
125. What’s a New Year’s resolution that you always make but never end up keeping?
126. If you could teleport, where would you go first?
127. What do you wish you could have a robot servant to help you with or do for you?
128. When was the most inappropriate time you farted?
129. What would a world populated by clones of you be like?
130. What would a reality TV show of your life be titled?
131. Which one of Snow White’s seven dwarves is most similar to you?
132. What’s the best WiFi name you’ve ever seen?
133. If you were a candy bar, what candy bar would you be?
134. If you built a themed hotel, what would the theme be?
135. What would you do with an extra $1,000 to spend on yourself?
136. If you could master any instrument on earth, what would it be?
137. What’s a movie you can practically quote start to finish?
138. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
139. Which Disney character would you be?
140. If you were invincible for a day, what crazy things would you try?
141. Would you accept a one-way ticket to Mars?
142. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
143. If you could be anywhere now, where would you be?
144. If you could witness any event–past, present, or future–what would it be?
145. What would you do without electricity for three days?
146. When you were a kid, what did you think your current age would be like?
147. What makes you really nostalgic?
148. Who do you stalk most often on social media?
149. Have you ever faked being sick?
150. What’s the worst thing you can say/ask on a first date?